MantaRay is an advanced open-source renderer. It uses modern rendering techniques to generate photorealistic images of complex scenes.
This ray-tracer is also featured in the following YouTube videos on my channel AngeTheGreat:
- User Interface and Renderer Improvements
- Fraunhofer Diffraction
Sample Renders and Features
- Procedural noise (blue backdrop and leather interior)
- Transparency (window and headlight glass)
- Custom shaders (car paint has a custom shader applied which varies color by viewing angle)
- Normal mapping (floor and leather interior)
- Support for high polygon scenes
- Racing stripes generated via procedural shaders (not textures)
- Physically accurate depth of field via lens simulation
- Textures loaded from files
- Roughness mapping
To get started, consider reading this tutorial: Getting Started.
Tutorials are continually added here: Tutorials
Setup Instructions For Developers
This project was recently migrated to CMake and the setup instructions have changed. They will be updated here shortly.